Are bearded dragons safe to eat? There are many myths surrounding the answer. Let’s take a look at what science has to say about this question! Are Bearded Dragons Safe to Eat? Myth #01) They are a poisonous lizard. The bearded dragon is not actually classified as being poisonous, but they do have mild toxins in their skin that can cause some itching and swelling if it gets into contact with your eyes or mouth! Myth #02) There’s no meat on them so you’re better off eating something else.

bearded dragon, australia, lizard @ Pixabay

This myth might be true for the larval stage of the bearded dragon, but once they become adults there is quite a bit of edible muscle on these reptiles! The Bottom Line: It seems like an easy answer when we boil down all of this information- yes, they are safe to eat unless you’re allergic or very sensitive to scaly reptiles (or have some other condition that makes you sensitive to their toxins)! Myth #01) They are a poisonous lizard. The bearded dragon is not actually classified as being poisonous, but they do have mild toxins in their skin that can cause some itching and swelling if it gets into contact with your eyes or mouth! The Bottom Line: It seems like an easy answer when we boil down all of this information- yes, they are safe to eat unless you’re allergic or very

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here